National Coopworth Ram Sale
28th October 2013
Ram Sale Pavillion
- Excellent mothering ability with up to 180% lambs weaned in the commercial situation.
- Coopworth ewes are attentive & protective mothers, with high milk production, good udder and teat conformation. They have been known to fend off foxes to protect their lambs.
- Lean carcases in the 19-25 kg range, which are ideally suited to modern lamb cuts and future sales to the United States.
- Highly suitable for the ram lamb trade - ewes won't come into oestrous early in the season so that they and their lambs will not get into lamb to the entire male lambs.
- Lamb growth rates to weaning of 300 to 400 grams per day are achieveable.
- The Lambplan genetic assessment program includes measurement for eye muscle depth and fat cover.
- Surplus hoggets command premium prices from the prime lamb breeders whether they are to be mated to Coopworth rams or terminal sires.
- Self-replacing means that the dangers for purchasing footrot, lice or worm resistance with your prime lamb ewe replacements is eliminated.
- Ewes cut about 5 kg of 32-35 micron wool which can be sold by either auction or privately. Bright, white, soft lustre wool of exceptional dying qualities, ideal for home spinning and commercial use.
- Death rates of lambs born have been recorded at less than 8% under most bitter August lambing conditions. (Australian conditions).